Our class teacher is Mrs Shaw
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Randhawa
We operate an open door policy so please feel free to speak to us, call us, write in the home contact books or use Seesaw to raise any questions or concerns you may have.
We know that children learn best when they are healthy, safe and secure, when their individual needs are met, and when they have positive relationships with the adults caring for them. We aim to provide a high standard of care and education for your children in their first year at St Botolph’s.
There are four guiding principles that we adhere to as an EYFS Team:
- every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured;
- children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships;
- children learn and develop well in enabling environments, in which their experiences respond to their individual needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers;
- children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates. The framework covers the education and care of all children in early years provision, including children with special educational needs and disabilities.We have a wonderful outdoor area, which the children will use daily and in all weathers to support their classroom learning and for their CIA (Child Initiated Activities). This allows them to build relationships, consolidate learning investigate, experiment and play with their peers.
- EYFS Weekly Homework
- Outdoor Learning
- Home Learning Journal
- Reading – minimum of 3 times a week (this can be a school book, a book from home or a library book)