St Botolph’s is going cashless!
Wednesday 6th February 2019
We are pleased to announce that as of Tuesday 26th February 2019, our school will be going cashless. This means that, apart from charity donations, we will no longer be accepting cash payments in school. Currently, our office staff spend an immeasurable amount of valuable time collecting and keeping track of cash payments. In addition, the local branch of our bank has closed, which has caused problems when paying in cash. This system will also relieve you of the burden of finding the correct change for your child’s events!
Payment for all school trips and events should be made using School Gateway, which is linked to Schoolcomms, either online at www.schoolgateway.com or via the associated app. You do not need to use online banking to make payments in this way, although bank transfers are acceptable, but you will need either a debit or credit card. All parents will have the ability to pay for Breakfast Club and St Bots Club online and these fees should be paid in advance when possible, or as soon as possible after attendance.
TCS are also changing to School Gateway, enabling you to pay for school meals using the same app/website. This service will be available soon and will completely replace sQuid after half term. If you currently have funds in sQuid, these will still be used but please do not add further money to your purse. Meals are £2.30 per day and should be paid in advance. If you have any problems with dinner payments, please contact TCS on 01474 338739.
Currently, only 38% of our parents are registered with School Gateway, with only 32% using the app. Please register online or follow the steps below to download the app; this is a much easier way for you to receive important messages from us and any text messages sent to parents with the app are charged at a cheaper rate, therefore saving the school money.
1. The school will use the email addresses and mobile numbers that we hold on our database for the priority one and two contacts for your child.
2. If you do not have an Apple or Android device, skip to step 6
3. Go to your app store and search for “School Gateway” and download the app
4. Once downloaded, select the “I’m a New User” button; enter the email address and mobile number that we have on record for you. Select Send PIN and a PIN number will be text to your mobile phone
5. Log in with your email address and PIN; your account is now active and you will receive instant notifications of messages in your notifications bar
6. If you change your contact details please let the school know as soon as possible. If you do not have a mobile device, you can still use School Gateway online at: www.schoolgateway.com.
School Gateway is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. All information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation. Your details will only be used for the purpose of school business. You will not receive any SPAM or marketing material.
Thank you for your cooperation in this exciting and necessary development. If you have any questions or problems, please contact the School Office.Back to news