The Seesaw Portfolio (https://web.seesaw.me/) is how we share with you what your child is learning at school. It gives your child a place to document their learning, be creative and learn how to use technology.
Each child has their own journal and we will periodically add entries to it, eg, photos, videos, drawings or notes. You will be notified of journal updates and will only receive notifications regarding your own child’s posts.
You can access your child’s journal any time via iOS app, Android app, Kindle Fire app or on the website using other smartphones and computers. All student content is safe and secure; journals are only accessible by your child, their teachers and yourself. Journals are not public on the web and information is never shared with third parties.
How to sign up
iOS and Android Smartphones
- Search for “Seesaw Parent and Family” in the iTunes App Store, Google Play Store or Kindle Fire Store and download the app.
- Tap “Create Family Account”* and scan the QR Code on the handout.
- Create your account. Allow notifications to get real-time updates and check out what’s in your child’s journal.
*If you already have an account, just sign in to your account and choose “+Add Child’s Journal” from the left menu.
Other Smartphones and Computers
- Go to the link provided by the teacher in any web browser (email or handout)
- Choose your child from the class list and create an account.
- After you have been approved by your child’s teacher, you’ll get access to their journal.
Adding another child
Family members can add another child to their account or subscribe to another class for their child:
On iOS and Android devices
- Sign into your family account.
- Tap your profile icon (top left).
- Tap “+Add Child’s Journal”.
- Scan the QR code for your other child.
Using the Sign-up Link
- Follow the link on the handout or email.
- Choose your child from the list.
- Click on the “Sign in” tab, instead of creating a new account.
- Sign into your account.
- Your child’s teacher will need to approve your connection and, once they do, you will see all updates.
Check Seesaw regularly. You will get notifications about new entries in your child’s journal and can respond to their work. Customise your notification preferences in “Account Settings”.
Celebrate your child’s classroom success. Help to encourage the skills your child is working on in class or outside of school.
Specific comments are best. Asking questions or complementing specific details can add to the learning conversation.
In a group or ‘everyone’ post, your comments will be visible to everyone tagged (the students and their family members). It is a great opportunity to lift up the whole class!
Please contact the school if you have any problems. The Seesaw Team can also be contacted if you have any questions.