Our Church

St. Botolph's Church, Northfleet

St. Botolph's Church, Northfleet

Our pupils help out to restore the St Botolph’s Church roof!

Click here to see KentOnline’s article

The Benefice of St Botolph’s & St Mark’s Rosherville

 

St Botolph’s Church Services

Morning and Evening Prayer are said each week day at
8 am and 6 pm.

Parish Eucharist 10.00 am 1st Sunday of the Month
Parish Eucharist  10.00 am 2nd Sunday of the Month
All Age Eucharist 10.00 am 3rd Sunday of the Month
Parish Eucharist  10.00 am 4th Sunday of the Month
Parish Eucharist  10.00 am 5th Sunday of the Month

Evening Service is at 6.30 pm each Sunday

Our History

We cannot be sure of the date when the first church was built on this site, but Saxons worshipped here and there is evidence of Roman  material in the walls of the church. Indeed as the highest point for miles around, it is likely that people have worshipped on this site since earliest human habitation.

The majority of the building seen today was built in the 14th century, whilst most of the internal decorations and around the font reflect the work of E.W. Godwin in 1862.

The present tower was built in 1717 and the tower has a peal of eight bells, the last two being added in 1920

St Mark’s Church Services

Parish Eucharist

10.00 am every Sunday

Our History

The original church of Rosherville  was built in 1853 for the inhabitants of the new housing estate in the eastern part of Northfleet . It cost £4,500 and was provided by the Rosher family. Due to on going renovations, it was decided to demolish the old St Marks Church and the new building was dedicated on December 8th 1977.

The war memorial still standing outside the new church centre reminds us that the people of Rosherville did their duty in both World Wars.

This church intends to be the centre of social life in Rosherville and offers its place for all genuine community initiatives

Who We Are