At St Botolph’s, we pride ourselves on offering our children quality education within a safe and nurturing environment. We continually strive to improve, giving our children exciting opportunities to broaden their horizons.
The St Botolph’s Curriculum has carefully planned activities and learning which matches our children’s needs, expanding their opportunities and widening their horizons. Learning is carefully connected, interweaving knowledge and skills to make it meaningful, while ensuring that the National Curriculum is followed.
The Benefice of St Botolph’s & St Mark’s Northfleet
St Botolph’s Church
We cannot be sure of the date when the first church was built on this site, but Saxons worshipped here and there is evidence of Roman material in the walls of the church. Indeed, as the highest point for miles around, it is likely that people have worshipped on this site since earliest human habitation.
The majority of the building seen today was built in the 14th century, whilst most of the internal decorations and around the font reflect the work of E.W. Godwin in 1862.
The present tower was built in 1717 and the tower has a peal of eight bells, the last two being added in 1920
St Mark’s Church, Northfleet
The original church of Rosherville was built in 1853 for the inhabitants of the new housing estate in the eastern part of Northfleet. It cost £4,500 and was provided by the Rosher family. Due to ongoing renovations, it was decided to demolish the old St Marks Church and the new building was dedicated on 8th December 1977.
The war memorial still standing outside the new church centre reminds us that the people of Rosherville did their duty in both World Wars.
This church intends to be the centre of social life in Rosherville and offers its place for all genuine community initiatives.