ST BOTOLPH’S C OF E PRIMARY SCHOOL
13th March 2020
As you are probably aware, the government’s guidance on the Coronavirus has changed from the ‘contain’ phase to one of delaying the spread of the virus.
We would like to reassure you that we are taking all of the necessary steps to protect our community and are continuing to follow official guidance from the government.
What is the current situation?
- The school will remain open – this is the current official guidance
- All school functions will continue to run as normal
- To support the delay of the spread of the virus, the Department for Health and Social Care has asked anyone who shows certain symptoms to stay at home for 7 days, regardless of whether they have travelled to affected areas. This means people should stay at home and avoid all but essential contact with others for 7 days from the point of displaying mild symptoms, to slow the spread of infection. The symptoms are:
- A high temperature (37.8 degrees and above)
- A new, continuous cough
- Siblings of unwell children will also need to self-isolate
- If your child is unwell, report this as you would normally by telephoning the school office as soon as possible
- We will keep you up to date with any changes to the current situation
If you have any questions
- Please contact the school office if you have any questions about our response to this issue
- You do not need to call NHS 111 in order to stay at home. Contact NHS, if you want to know more about the symptoms of coronavirus. If you think you or your child may have the symptoms, use NHS 111 online if at all possible before calling 111
- If you have any questions about the government’s response to coronavirus in relation to schools, use the Department for Education’s coronavirus helpline: 0800 046 8687
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs A Chitty