The Governing Body has the responsibility for the effective running of the school, with powers conferred on it by the Secretary of State for Education, together with those powers granted to it as a Church of England Aided School. It is responsible for:
- the appointment of staff;
- the implementation of the National Curriculum;
- the financial management of the school;
- the admission of pupils;
- the control of buildings and land;
- the overall policy of the school (in consultation with the Head Teacher).
Regular meetings of the full Governing Body are held to discuss all matters relating to the school. The composition of the Governing Body is made up of Foundation Governors, Parent Governors, Staff Governors and the Head Teacher.